May 1st National Enrollment Deposit Day
I want to take this time to remind high school seniors and parents of some important items:
- You must send an enrollment deposit to one college by May 1st to hold your spot for the Fall Semester.
- If you are on the waiting list of your top choice college, you must send a non-refundable deposit to your second choice. If you come off the waiting list of your top choice college you can then deposit to that college (but you will not be refunded your original deposit from your second choice college).
- If colleges require an additional housing deposit, make sure to also send in the housing deposit (look at deadlines –most are by May 1)
- By now, you should have heard from most (if not all) of your colleges about financial aid. Let me know if you would like to set up a meeting to go over your financial aid packages. It can sometimes be hard to read and confusing. I’m happy to help.
- Make sure you complete all financial aid documents (online or hardcopy). Make sure to read deadlines and dates!
- GRADES STILL MATTER! Do not let “senioritis” get to you! Colleges do take away acceptances from students every year. You need to keep up your grades. This summer you can relax, go to the beach, and hang out with friends.
- If you still don’t know which college you want to attend, it’s not too late to visit your top choice colleges, meet with your academic departments and talk to financial aid counselors. April is a busy month for college admissions offices, so you need to set up your appointments now!