The Application Season is Here!
We are officially in the middle of the college application season. Wolf College consulting is aware of the stress students (and parents) are experiencing and I wanted to give you some last minute tips for you as you finish your applications. Below is a list of “Do’s and Don’ts”
- Do have someone review your application before you press the submit button
- Do make sure you have sent in all of your materials that are necessary for the application to be complete
- Do make sure you submit your applications by the due dates
- Do have someone read your essays before you submit them (but do not have too many review your essays)
- Do confirm with your references that they have submitted your letters of recommendations.
- Do not write all of your words in lowercase letters (or all uppercase letters). Take the time to make sure you capitalize all of the correct letters – it looks more professional.
- Do not misspell your name. If you misspell your name, the colleges will not be able to match other documents to your application.
- Do not send in the wrong Social Security Number – the colleges may not be able to match your application with your other documents.
- Do not accidentally send in your wrong essay (example – do not send your USC essay to LMU). You don’t want to accidentally tell LMU that USC is your top college choice.
Remember that this application season is only a “season.” You are almost done and you will get through it!